Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Dear Christ Enters In


I truly struggled with the topic for this morning's post... I felt lost as I searched through talks, quotes and scriptures and didn't know what to choose. Then I realized I kept bumping into the lyrics and music of one of my favorite Christmas hymns, "O Little Town of Bethlehem". As I read the words more closely and continued to think about it, the words on the page jumped out at me and I realized what an amazing message this song was sharing and immediately thought of the picture above.

How silently, how silently
The wondrous gift is given!
So God imparts to human hearts
The blessings of His heaven.
No ear may his His coming,
But in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive him still,
The dear Christ enters in.

In a revelation given to the Apostle John, Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him" (Acts 3:20).